pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Most Essential Preparation

The family is soon to be gathering.
And my heart sings.

Lists are everywhere; mustn't over look a thing.
The food must be the best, the tastiest.
The house must be shining and spit-spot.
It must be warm and inviting.

But today, this day especially set apart as the Lord's other thoughts come to mind.

Today's desire ~
To tidy up the worldly trinkets and comforts
that clutter the soul's living room floor.

More than anything, when the clan gathers,
I want a quiet heart, an uncluttered heart,
a heart that sees and savors,
a heart whose joy and love is understood and known,
even without words.

3 comments:

  1. quiet and uncluttered...me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. footprints.

    and you know, Nan, we really don't expect much. I just want to see you and hear you laugh. It's been too long. :)

    ReplyDelete