pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Friday, December 23, 2011

Help us to rise to a fit gratitude

for the over-running blessings

which Thou givest ever,

even to the darkest lot and life,-

the temporal felicities,

the Divine comforts,

the Eternal hopes.


That all things are of Thy mercy,

by Thy mercy,

and in Thy mercy, we thank Thee.


Make us to sing Thy song in the light,

and in the night to touch Thy hand

and be at peace.


~Henry Wilder Foote - 1838-1889

1 comment: