pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Long View

Some day of days!
Some dawning yet to be
I shall be clothed
with immortality!

And, in that day,
I shall not greatly care
That Jane spilt candle wax upon the stair.

It will not grieve me then,
as once it did,
That careless hands have chipped my tea pot lid.

I groan, being burdened.
But, in that glad day,
I shall forget vexations of the way.

That needs were often great, when means were small,
Will not perplex me any more at all.

A few short years at most (it may be less),
I shall have done with earthly storm and stress.

So for This Day,
I lay me at Thy feet.
O, keep me sweet, my Master!
Keep me sweet!

~Fay Inchfawn

2 comments: