pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Sunday, September 1, 2013




It would cure anybody to walk over the hill every morning 
as I do before sitting down to write, 
with the spruces on either hand and the green meadows beyond.  
I tramp along thanking the Lord for a life so sweet.
~ L. M. Montgomery

The image is of the Willamette Valley, Oregon by Lynnette Austen McMinn
Used by her kind permission.

This may not be LMM's Prince Edward Island, but it the country of my childhood and is deeply fixed in my soul!  Because of that I understand Maud's sentiment.  

We may be kindred spirits, Maud and I.

3 comments: