pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Sunday, April 4, 2010

Blessings This Day

It was given to a fisherman to first preach the scientific explanation of our Lord's Resurrection from the dead.

And it was also given to him to explain the character of that death.

Men had slain Him, but it was by the "determined counsel and fore-knowledge of God...." He was delivered up to die. That death which seemed nothing but a brutal murder, was in truth, a divinely appointed sacrifice.

And He rose again because nothing else was possible seeing Who He was!

"...God raised Him up,
liberating Him from the pangs of death,
seeing that it was not possible
for Him to be controlled by it."
Acts 2.24
The amazing truth of it all is summed up for us by a church historian:
"If Christ is risen -
then nothing else matter.
And if Christ is not risen -
then nothing else matters."
Jeroslov Pelikan
(1923-2006)
May the joy of the Resurrection be yours this day,
Dear Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment