pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Friday, October 29, 2010

J. B. For The Day


We pray that you will be strengthened
by God's glorious power,
So that you may be able to pass through any experience
and endure it with joy.

You will be able to thank the Father
because you are privileged to share the lot
of the saints who are living in the light.
Colossians 1.11,12, Phillips

Today I'm thinking of a young man in our local fellowship.

His was a very rough early life. There were years in prison.
He married, had children.

At present his is the sole parenting responsibility for these still very young children.
He works all day, cares for his little one by evening.

He studies law at night on the internet.
He has a straight A average.

Three evenings a week he cleans house for his former wife and the children's mother because of his love for her.
She sits her life long in front of a computer screen playing games and eating.

And every Sunday, he faithfully bring his children, dressed and tidy, to Sunday School and Church.
He faces his days head on.
Never have I heard him complain.

He is my hero.

This young man 'puts skin on' these scriptures.
May I follow his example.

1 comment: