That is a line originated by a dear son-in-law attached to those recurring commonplace happenings in life. Reruns.
And reruns popping up often enough, while separate and unique, become like walking through the familiar.
The title of this post seems an oxymoron, perhaps almost blasphemous but bear with me a little longer, Dear Reader.
First stated, I know with absolute certainly that my life's plan was laid out in Eternity Past by my loving and faithful Sovereign God. He created in me a spirit that desire peace and order above all. He also strategically has placed events that keep me from becoming too settled or complacent and trusting Him completely.
The rerun aspect is played out by many emergency visits to hospitals in diverse locations in recent years. These have involved the Husband as patient. So here we were again.
Yesterday began as your ordinary Sunday. Sundays are always tiring, that's the by-product of the game.
Then it happened, the sudden onset of excruciating, unrelenting pain and for no apparent reason. After so many minutes it was certain this was not an I'll-drive incident. So a first: 911 called, interminable waiting while scrambling between patient and swiftly moving furniture to clear a pathway for the gurney to come.
Here now is a list of high points with the Finger Prints of the Hidden Hand all over.
- A neighbor saw the aid car, immediately called a friend and dear member of our church.
- Dear Church person immediately called me and stated she was on the way to drive me to hospital behind aid car.
- She and husband (one of our deacons) arrived just after patient had been loaded.
- Neighbors on each side, one set out on porch, one to my side.[such is the joy of small town living!]
- When arriving at the hospital 30 miles hence, met by another deacon and wife, plus Daughters 2.
- Later, yet another deacon arrived. (All these are young and very dear to the heart.)
- A young ER RN who knows our Savour. This dear young man - the age of our grandchildren- picked up on the profession line on the chart - "pastor".
- Long waiting till medical conclusion. The pain that brought us to this place was only so that other things could be discovered by cat scan, or so it seem right now.
- Ready to leave now, the RN placed his hand on the patient and began to pray. And oh, how he prayed! Mostly entreating a God with whom he is evidently intimate to bless us in our future days with grace and wisdom and most of all peace. Now THAT is not something before experienced and an amazing, glorious, evident Finger Print and perfect ending to this movie.
By this time, Deacon Couples one and two had been sent home with profuse thanks, but not before the men prayed with their pastor. Then the Daughters were freed to go as Deacon #3 lives in our town while they do not. He sweetly and graciously waited to return us home.
These and so many other blessings along the way, through the day that have brought us to this place.
How very grateful to be placed in families - by blood, by Blood, with love of all sorts surrounding and protecting, blessing and tending. All these and the above are Divine reflections, Grace points that take Life's common movie moments and touch them with Eternity's gold.
"Your eyes saw my unformed substance,
and in Your book all the days of my life were written,
when as yet there was none of them."
~Psalm 139.16, Amp.