pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Days Of Lead

Lead: heavy to lift, lack-luster, darkish.

The feet are leaden. The days and nights as well. The spirit doesn't soar too high.

Blessings are noted. Truly.
These, the prayers of others,
the thoughtful and loving ministrations of daughters,of grand daughters.
The garden's beauty just now also fills the dark hollow places of the soul.

Looking, thinking about this lead, this word, made me realize it is just like another English word with a different pronunciation and very different meaning. And in that word there is hope.

Another penned the words long ago but they are also scribbed on my heart.

All the way my Savior lead(s) me,
What have I to ask besides?
Can I doubt His tender mercies
Who through life has been my guide?
Heavenly peace, divinest comfort,
Here by faith in Him to dwell,
For I know whate'er befall me,
Jesus doeth all things well.

I am comforted.

3 comments: