pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take,
The clouds you so much dread
are big with mercy and shall break
in blessings on your head.
~Wm. Cowper



Just the word 'oncologist' strikes terror. I hate to admit it, but there it is. How humbled once again by the Mercy that breaks in blessing. How could we have even imagined, that once again our great God would place in our pathway one of His choice servants 'for such a time as this'?


On noting the 'pastor' on the occupation line of the medical form, this dear man began to address all things from that blessed eternal perspective that only God's children understand.

Item by item he addressed our fears and answered our questions before we spoke of them.


Still, the fact is that tomorrow a kidney surrounded by a cancerous mass will be removed.

The fact remains that this is serious surgery with a long recovery time.
Admittedly, there is an element of dread here too.
We're speaking of a most impatient patient!


Yet, today while I won't say there is a lightness of bouncing spirit within, there is certainly a complete peace. Too, the spirit within is greatly humbled by New Mercies strewn on today's pathway.


My only puzzlement is the glaring fact of my own doubt. How could I have imagined such abundant grace given? And why did I not expect it from the Hand that gives only good things?


Look closely, Dear Reader - on my forehead is imprinted this day: "O ye of little faith".

With heart-felt thanks to all of you for your continued prayers as our journey continues.

3 comments: