pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Happy, happy birthday, Baby...


Amazing!  

My baby is a grandmother called Mimsie.

While The Dad and I were talking of this day's event he asked isn't she __ years old?  Well, he put her nearly 15 years back.  But that's how it is with your children and the passage of time.  We olden but they youth-en, or at the very least remain fixed in our minds always as children.

This child, more than her siblings reminds me of The Mercy that follows us all of our days.

Numerous times, from her earliest days, her life could have been, should have been, in the human sense, snuffed out.  Yet, the goodness and mercy of our Sovereign Lord had other plans for her.  Marriage to a good man (and we all know they are hard to find!), the blessing of children who in turn are blessings, the children of others to teach and mentor,and so much more was fixed in Eternity Past for her. Not to mention the crowning glory of grand parenthood.

Even a dream trip to Italy was to be her portion.

By nature, she has been and is a peace maker.  That was a monumental blessing in the family days.  She was always the one child with whom the siblings got along. There were times in her life at home when there may have been cause for concern, but she was never the cause of trouble.

So this day, happy birthday, Dear Daughter.  Your life has been a blessing to family and friends alike. The world is a better place because you are in it.

We are most grateful you have been in our lives, grateful for your wit and wisdom and that is why I'm  delighted to fix pork chops and applesauce for your dinner this evening.

   

3 comments:

  1. She is the most amazing woman. I don't know how she does all the things she does, so nonchalantly, always serving and loving without a word. Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you.

    ReplyDelete