pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Friday, June 28, 2013



Beware of letting your care degenerate into anxiety and unrest; 
tossed as you are amid the winds and waves of sundry troubles, 
keep your eyes fixed on the Lord, and say,

"Oh, my God, I look to Thee alone; be Thou my guide, my pilot;" 
         and then be comforted. 

When the shore is gained, who will heed the toil and the storm? 
And we shall steer safely through every storm, 
     so long as our heart is right, 
          our intention fervent,
                our courage steadfast, 
                      and our trust fixed on God. 

If at times we are somewhat stunned by the tempest, never fear; 
let us take breath, and go on afresh. 

Do not be disconcerted by the fits of vexation and uneasiness  which are sometimes produced by the multiplicity of your domestic worries. 

No indeed, dearest child, 
all these are but opportunities of strengthening yourself in the loving, forbearing graces which our dear Lord sets before us.

      ST. FRANCIS DE SALES ~ 1567-1622

1 comment: