pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Friday, March 29, 2013


How deep the Father's love for us,
How kind beyond all measure,
that He should give His Only Son
To make a wretch His treasure?
...
Behold the Man upon the Cross,
My sin upon His shoulders,
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there
until it was accomplished;
His dying breath has brought me Life.
I know that it is finished.

I would not boast of anything,
no gifts, no power, no wisdom,
But I shall boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give and answer,
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom.

~Stuart Townend

2 comments: