pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Page, A New Beginning

"I said to the Man who stood at the gate of the year;
'Give me light that I may tread safely into the unknown.'
He replied:
'Go out into the darkness
and put your hand into the hand of God,
That shall be better than light
and safer than a known way.'"
~ King George VI, 1939
Wishing you, Dear Reader, untold blessings in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment