pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Sunday, December 27, 2009

We Journey On

" I have seen Jacob's Ladder,
and found the way of my feet ordered
by the Sovereignty of Him that sits on the Throne
and the Angels of the Throne still minister.
Age sees farther back than youth,
and has many proofs of the Lord's leading.
The end and the beginning belong to the same road."
~Samuel Chadwick
The untrodden road of the New Year runs through unpossessed and holding yet unknown treasures. Go in and possess them. Like the Israelites of old, we must go in and 'take the land'.
Wherever the untrodden road may lead,
two things to the pilgrim are sure:
the Presence of our Lord
and the sufficiency of His grace.
Whether it be through the plain of the wilderness,
the deeps of the valley,
or over the mountain top,
He will lead, sustain, and cheer.
So onward Pilgrims! May we be heard only by our singing!

2 comments:

  1. Well, you did it now. The tears are spilling....but yes, I'm singing. Thanks once again, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I don't see the order of my feet, I know that He does indeed, lead, sustain and cheer. Thanks, Mum

    ReplyDelete