pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Wednesday, December 30, 2009

This Day

The Creator of time and space has fixed our mileage
to just one day at a time.
Surely we can be entrusted with duty and honor
for just one day.
`Virginia Cary Hudson
Be of Good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16.33
"The faith that overcomes is the living faith in a living Conqueror.
I place my hand in His.
I cry,
"and repeat on the battlefield of my heart Thine ancient and glorious triumphs!
By Thy Almighty power -
the Power by which the worlds were made;
the Power of Thy Resurrection -
secure in me the victory over every thing that impedes my spiritual pilgrimage,
over everything that obscures my vision of Life's real issues
and of life's true goal!"
And He does it!
He conquers the world all over again!
For this is the victory that overcomes the world,
even our faith.
~F.W.Boreham

No comments:

Post a Comment