pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Feeling Noble, Or is it Smug?

I don't even own a clothes dryer.
Displaying my garments outside along a taught line,
even in winter,
is a cleaning chore that knits me all togeather again,
unlike anything else.
~Mary Jane Butters

Truth to tell, I do own a clothes dryer. Frankly, in the Pacific Northwest, it would be one of the last electricity eater I'd willingly give up.

However. today there is an open, friendly sky. So pretty pastel sheets and pillow cases flutter on the line in the back garden.

It's a happy thing on a Spring day.
And yes, I do feel ever so smug about it.

What is more, those items will smell delicious when back in their accustomed place.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah MaryJane! Oh if we could indeed do without our dryers. I am getting close, with an outdoor line and a wooden rack to use this winter when the woodstove is ablaze! Nothing better than sheets on the line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh joy to find Dame Judi has a blog. What a treat! And thank you for stopping in on the girls blogs. They all adore you!

    ReplyDelete