pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lord's Day Thoughts


O Lord,
I have a wild heart,
and cannot stand before Thee...;
My mind is a bucket without a bottom...,
My will is without power of decision or resolution.
My heart is without affection and full of leaks,
My memory has no retention,
so I forget easily the lessons learned,
and Thy truths seep away.
Give me a broken heart that yet carries home the water of Grace.

He shall drink of the brook in the way;
therefore shall he lift up his head.
Psalm 110.7 - Common Prayer

He drinks from any stream he has to cross,
then charges forward triumphing.
Psalm 110.7 - Moffatt


1 comment: