pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day



To all of you, Dear Readers, who are mothers, to those of you who will be, my best wishes to you for a special day of recognition.

Viewing left you will see the reasons why I consider myself the most blessed of women.

Four children with whom to grow up , to delight in and enjoy makes for the very best and happiest of lives.

Four children growing into productive, loving, funny, clever and spiritual centered adults make for a heart-bursting pride, ("pride in the best sense").

And unending gratitude to a most faithful God the giver of only good gifts.



"For what is [my] hope or happiness
or [my] victor's wreath of triumph
when [I] stand in the presence of our Lord Jesus
at His coming?
Are not you?
for you are indeed [my] glory and [my] joy!


3 comments:

  1. You are the best of the best Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And You are the most AMAZING Nana ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Emily.

    Honored footprints walking in your path. :)

    ReplyDelete