pathway

pathway
Give me my scallop-shell of quiet,
My staff of faith to walk upon,
My script of joy, immortal diet,
M
y bottle of salvation.
My gown of glory, hopes true gauge,
And thus I'll take my pilgrimage.

~Sir Walter Raleigh

A hiker, walking for pleasure, likes to choose between several alluring trails.
The pilgrim desires only the road that leads home.

~Frank W. Boreham


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Lest We Forget...


...to count our blessings that is.

This Day, at this point in my journey has been so blessing filled. Small ones perhaps in the greater scheme of things. Yet I must not fail to count out loud or recount the joys that make a common day one of bliss for me.

A soft spring rain to bless the growing garden.
Roses beginning to bloom.
Sweet peas breaking through the ground.
A grand daughter calling with plans for a future visit,
her future baby, the name planned,
and C. S. Lewis.
A grand daughter calling concerning a planned visit,
food,
and quilting.
A beloved niece calling about a radio broadcast,
first loves of daughters,
grand-mother-of-the bride dresses,
and family.
A husband calling ahead regarding dinner timing.
Long ignored chores accomplished happily between these lovely calls.

How's that for a list of the ordinary, with the extraordinary mixed in?
Our God is so amazing with His scattering of little joy dot through our days.
I am bewildered by the abundance of my blessings.
I rejoice.

3 comments: